Thursday, May 9, 2013

A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE!!!!! A MUST READ

I am happy to be back and hope to be better about sharing our journey with all of you over the next couple of years. I think this will be the easiest way to keep everyone who wants to be informed, in the know!  So here we go!

Our adventure begins...

As most of you know, I have been so blessed to have the dream job of staying home with our girls!  God has been so good to us, providing for us as we go these last few years with random blessings (unexpected pay raises, bonuses, annonymous gifts, etc).  This has made it so I have been able to continue to stay home and not have to work.  Well, this last year has been hard, we have lived on Jason's income + a tad from our savings account each month.  As construction in Oregon has dramatically slowed down, so has Jason's job and we fear it might continue to lessen his work load. We knew this was going to make things change in our lives, I was willing to find some kind of part time work if I had to. We began this new idea like we always do with prayer.  We prayed for wisdom and direction.  We asked if I was supposed to go back to work that God would provide the perfect job for me.  We asked God to help us be better stewards of our (well really His) money. 

After several months of living even more frugally than we have in the past, we decided we wanted to add (what we felt like) a considerable amount to our monthly tithe to our church.  It was great because I felt it so I mentioned it to Jason and he immediately said he'd felt like we should do that as well.  We followed our hearts and did it the next Sunday, then the check cleared our bank account on Thursday, THEN Jason was offered a new job on Saturday of that week.

This was a job Jason had been offered in the past that we had not accepted.  We were thrilled that he even got offered the position of General Manager for a control company that is very similar to the one he already works at.  At this point we were just excited about the offer because we knew this meant job security for him in the future!

So what's the catch...
The job he was offered will ensure that I will be able to continue to stay home with the girls, it will also help us dig ourselves out of debt, and give Jason some amazing experience!  The catch is that the job is located in Dover, New Hampshire. 

With this in mind, we prayerfully considered it for a few weeks before we eventually decided this was indeed the best thing for our family and more importantly what we felt God is leading our family to do.  Often times, God is faithful in ways we never expected!  After meeting with a few people from our church and a few weeks of prayer, we are 100% sure this is the direction we should be going.

Logistics....(tentative)
*Jason leaves for New Hamshire on June 2nd and will be there for one week.  During this time he will look at several apartments or places for us to live.~~Pray he is able to find something not to small in our budget! And we will find someone great to rent our home here in Oregon.
*He comes home for one week to help us pack up the house and see me graduate from OSU with my Masters.  We will ship our stuff, including my car :( at this time. I will borrow a car.~~Pray our stuff arrives in a timely manner and safely.
*Jason flies back to NH and the girls and I stay at my parents home and Jason's parents home for a few weeks so our stuff has time to travel across the country.~~Pray that our time with family is filled with love and laughter!
*The girls and I will fly over to start our new lives with Jason at the beginning of July!~~Pray for a safe and "easy" flight for momma and the girls!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, it is easier to post something like this than explain details to each individual.  Please know that we are completely at peace with our decisions and feel God's mighty hand at work in all of this!  Stay tuned for more!

With great love and blessings,
The Bruggemans!!!




3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys!! This will be a great adventure--truly spreading your wings and "leaving the nest" so to speak. A bit scary perhaps but great things go those who step out in faith! Love you all.
    Uncle Dwight

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I had no idea that you guys were going to be moving. But, this is going to be an amazing adventure. God is so wonderful and you guys will be safe and guided with his love and understanding. I'm going to miss your lovely family and the friendship that we have grown over the years. You have shown me what you wonderful marriage can be like and you have also shown me what it is to be a wonderful mother. Your children are truly a blessing and I'm so glad that you have let me share their in their lives. you have been a wonderful blessing to me and I'm so glad that we have such an amazing friendship.I will miss you all like crazy but I know that is such a wonderful opportunity for you guys. I will be praying for you doing this stressful time and hope that your move is smooth. We need to have some sort of going away BBQ. Please let me know if thereis anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete