Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WE MADE IT!!!

And so we are here!  The house is fantastic!  It is a three bedroom, 1.5 bathroom duplex townhome in a secluded neighborhood outside of Rochester.  We go to sleep at night hearing the frogs and crickets, while watching the fireflies.  We wake up in the mornings to the birds chirping, it's so peaceful and quiet.

Things I've learned about the New England coast:
*There are a lot of bugs here (my favorite are the fireflies)
*There is a Dunkin Donuts on every other block
*When it rains...it POURS!
*There are a lot of trees here but no mountains
*Motorcyclists are not required to wear helmets
*They have turnpikes...
*They drive cahs not cars (several of them have heavy accents)
*Many of the roads aren't in great condition ("These are bumpy roads mommy", says Hannah)
*Every time there is road work of any kind there is also a police officer
*Every thing is spread out, it is like driving on River Rd. in Salem, OR all the time
*It's been 80%+ humid here since we've been here
*Seatbelts aren't required beyond the age of 12
*You could likely see at least three different state license plates in one day

Although I haven't been impressed with the weather, overall this is a beautiful place to live. We are doing ok, I've been a bit lonely since my mom left and Jason goes to work but I've been staying busy.  This Sunday we went to a nice church called Grace Community Church.  It's not far from our house.  We found out they are hosting a VBS this week so I finally decided (today) to take Hannah as their minimum age is 3yrs and she isn't quite there yet.  She did fantastic and had a blast.  I met several really nice moms who invited me to a play date next week.  I am thrilled to have already met some other moms.  That will make things so much easier for the transition.  We will post on here ever so often so our west coast family and friends can keep track of us!  Please continue to pray for us as we are still transitioning.  Hannah mentions her west coast people everyday, it's hard to be positive and explain it to her.... :(

Fun pictures! (I got my new camera for a graduation gift just as soon as we got over here, so I've been having a lot of fun playing around with it)

 
It's so beautiful here!  This is in downtown Dover, NH!
 
 
Yep, it's our house...mess and all!
 
 
Grace Community Church and our Hannah bug at VBS!  Such a little peanut!
 

 
Miss Personality...see her tooth!!
 
I have to pump my own gas...WHAT!?  Jason at work!
 
 
Hannah's two favorite things!  They have these swings at most of the parks.
 
 

 
Nubble Lighthouse, York Maine
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment