Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New beginning

Here we are starting yet another year.  As you well know, last year was one with many blessings for our family.  At the beginning of 2013, the primary things on my mind were the tiny new life that had recently been introduced to our family. 

Highlights of 2013:
Jan~Enjoyed our sweet 1 month old Jayme Renae; family get away to Seaside, OR for Em's birthday
Feb~Watched our two beautiful girls interact together
Mar~Celebrated Jason's birthday; Easter with family
Apr~Beth Moore Live with my mom and sister; Jason got a job offer in NH
May~We accepted the job in NH; began moving process and telling family and friends :(
June~Jason started his new job and moved; Girls and I stayed with family and friends for a few weeks; Em graduated from OSU with her masters in Education; Jayme got her first tooth and said her first word! We found amazing renters for our house in Oregon; Jason found us a nice place to live in NH
July~Girls and I got to join Jason in NH; found a great church to attend; met several new friends; Jayme started crawling, climbing, and pulling up on everything
August~Hannah Joy turned 3; Jason's mom Karen came to visit in NH; Jayme took her first few steps
Sept~Emily's parents came to NH to visit; We visited Storyland in Conway, NH; Jayme walked fast with the push toy walker
Oct~Jason's mom and grandma got to come visit us in NH; We celebrated Grandma Joann's 75th birthday with her in NH; We got to go on a train ride in beautiful North Conway, NH
Nov~We got to go to Oregon to visit family and friends!!! Jayme walked some and has four teeth; Em started a business with a friend
Dec~Jayme Renae turned 1!!! Jayme started walking all over the place.

What a beautiful year we have had!  While we experienced and still experience a lot of heart ache from being so far from family and friends, we are slowly adjusting to life on the east coast.  I have days or spurts of days where I miss my family and friends in Oregon so much, I wish I could just pack up and head back!  What I miss the most is intimate friendships, I miss having long deep conversations with people I have known for great lengths of time.  I am hoping friendships like this will develop over here over time. That's just it, I have to continuously remind myself of how long it takes to develop that level of trust in a relationship. I am thankful for cell phones, Skype, and facetime even though the time change difference is always a tricky thing to work with when scheduling times to visit with people.  The time change is always a reminder to me just how far away we really are. I have found ways to keep myself busy.  My friend Amanda and I have started our own business making natural beauty products.  It has kept us super busy, we actually had no idea how quickly the business would take off!  Her family has been a true blessing to us, including her parents who open their home to us while making our products.

Jason is enjoying his job and loves living in the snow country...even if he has to get up early to shovel the driveway some mornings.  He works hard and loves doing it!  Work is steady and bountiful here, which is a sure blessing for us!

Hannah is full of good ole 3 year old humor.  She has inherited her fathers great sense of humor.  She has us laughing all the time.  She loves playing in the "swow" (snow), reading books, watching movies, doing crafts, and of course playing with our kitty Tinker and her baby sister Jayme!  She has made several friends of her own and gotten to go to a few birthday parties since we've been here.

Jayme is our adventure kid.  She doesn't say much but is sure to climb or get into whatever she thinks she shouldn't.  We have definitely had to baby proof the house more for her than we ever had to with Hannah.  She is so fun to watch!  She loves to dance, eat, high five, make funny faces to get everyone to laugh, and play with her sister. 

We are blessed!  Thank you for sharing your life with us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love the Jason, Emily, Hannah, and Jayme!

No comments:

Post a Comment